Monday, February 27, 2012

Back to the Blue Scrubs

When I was in nursing school, I got to spend 6 months working at St V's with some of the most amazing nurses. Claire is my nurse mentor, and still a friend 2 years later. I learned so much from her and and the nurses during my senior practicum, and it really helped solidify that my nurse passion is to be an OB nurse. The nurse lessons and life lessons from my time there will absolutely stay with me throughout my career and my life. From the little things, like don't let your IV run dry, to the scary things, like patients almost dying; from the life lessons, like family drama, to the wife lessons, like what to cook for dinner. I know that it was a very impressionable time during nursing school, and I am so thankful I got to spend time with such amazing nurse preceptors working in Labor and Delivery.

Yesterday was my first day back in L&D, and back to the blue scrubs. I had been there helping be the baby nurse, or the antepartum nurse, but yesterday was my first day training as the labor nurse.  I know there is a lot for me to learn, but I am excited to be taking this new step in my career!

Me being the nerd that I am, I tried to get a photo of my first day of training, but I was embarrased that someone would walk into the locker room, so I tried to be quick, hence the blurry photo. But oh well.


To add to my nerves of starting my new training, it was a little difficult to get to work yesterday morning. I had to leave extra early because we got about 3 inches of snow at our house over the weekend. I never imagined I would have to use 4 wheel drive to get to work when it was almost March. It is beautiful though!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a great first day! I'd want you to be my labor nurse without a doubt! Can we plan this far in advance for that please? Also- I love your "back in blues" photos. I am equally a nerd and have done the same. Love it!

    ReplyDelete