Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentine's Ski Trip

This last weekend, Brian and I celebrated Valentine's Day and our 7 years together by heading to Mt Hood for the weekend. We had so much fun playing in the snow! I am so thankful we had the opportunity to just spend time together.


I think Anniversaries and Valentine's Day are great reasons for presents. I think you can almost always find a reason to give presents. If you can't tell, I love to give presents, and obviously I love to get presents as well, duh ;) My favorite present ever is time. The time I spend with Brian I appreciate so much. When Brian and I first met at U of O, we saw each other almost every day, and it was the best. Then came nursing school, and during those three years we would go a week or sometimes more without seeing each other, and I would get into a "debt of Brian time." Throughout nursing school, Brian would always say, "Keep your eyes on the prize" because after graduation we would get married, finally live together, and get to see one another every day. That only kinda happened. 

After nursing school, I got my Dream Job as an OB nurse- the manager literally called me on the way to our wedding rehearsal, and I interviewed the day after we got back from our honeymoon. It was perfect...with the one exception that it was a night shift position. Obviously, I wouldn't turn down that position, but I wasn't sure how that was going to go. 

The first year and a half of our marriage I worked night shift and we would go almost a week without seeing each other... Literally a rotation of one person at the house, and one person at work with no contact at all for up to 4-5 days sometimes. This was not what I thought being married was going to be like. I went into a huge Brian debt, and I became so sad.

Starting this past December, I have been able to temporarily fill in for nurses on leave from their day shift position so that I have been able to be on day shift. I feel like a normal person again. Sleeping at night, eating on a normal schedule, have the energy to run, and actually getting to see my husband. I am so thankful for this opportunity, and most importantly, I am so thankful for the time it has given me. That is the best gift ever. 


With this new schedule, Brian and I were able to have time together for the long President's day weekend and go to a ski trip to Mt Hood. It was so fun! We stayed at The Resort at the Mountain for two nights, we played in the snow, and we had so much fun just spending time together!


On Saturday we went skiing. It was so great to be back on skis again! I did not fall nearly as much as when I snowboard, and it was a great workout! I loved it. It was Brian's first time skiing instead of snowboarding, and he was such a fast learner. He did great, and we had a fantastic time at Timberline together.

Ready to head out!
Look at all that Powder!
On the Chairlift

On Sunday we went snowshoeing along the circumference of Trillium Lake. It again was a great workout, and a ton of fun to play in the snow together.
Frozen Trillium Lake- So pretty
Our Snowshoes
Bundled for the hike
The Hubs, bet you can't see him...
because he's in camo.
Incredible site!
Happy Girl on a Vacay with Brian!

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO glad you got to spend this time together! Looks like y'all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete