Friday, February 10, 2012

Entryway

Decorating the entryway of our house has been a fun project. I've loved using it as a way to decorate for the holidays, and to add a little homey touch.

When we moved in, this is what the mantle over the door looked like:


Not exactly like this, but it was empty. So why wouldn't our friends climb up there to drink beer, right?

So, after that, I decided that it needed a little something. It became a priority.

Last May I saw a Fleur-de-lis statue at a boutique in Bend. I thought this was perfect, as it is our sorority symbol, but I didn't purchase it at first. About a month later, I called the shop because the statue was stuck in my head. Coincidentally, the shop owner was flying up to visit her son, so she brought it to me in Portland! It was perfect. She didn't charge me shipping, but I did give her a ride from the airport to her son's house in downtown Portland. It was actually a little odd, and I am glad it didn't end like a scary movie.

Anyway, I then framed one of our engagement pictures, per the suggestion of my friend Brianne. I absolutely love our engagement photos and wedding photos that I use them in almost all of our decorating.

Our photographer was Natasha Reed and she is fantastic! I highly recommend her!
You can see her blog post of our wedding day here:

The last touch I just completed! I found these letters when I was shopping for a Christmas gift for my friend Nicole. I got her one set... and then I got a set for myself. I wasn't quite sure if we would use the hooks, so I wanted to re-purpose them into a sign. I found a small piece of wood and busted out my hot glue gun. Of course, after it was done, Brian suggested that I use wood glue, because that is what it is for. Awesome. This actually would have worked perfectly. Oh well. I will let the hot glue prove itself to me :)



I found some great candles and vases at Michaels, and we dug out our "Good Luck" horseshoe from my friend Anna. Here is our current, and much improved, entryway:









3 comments:

  1. It looks so cute! I can't wait to see all the other rooms in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh... who needs wood glue when you have a glue gun? I am predicting a McKenzie & Tiffany photo atop the entryway this summer :)

    ReplyDelete