Monday, March 5, 2012

Crock Pot Brown Sugar Chicken

The Crock Pot is my favorite kitchen tool out of any that I have - without any doubt. I have been trying new recipes and adapting old ones to use my Crock Pot as much as possible. I grew up eating Brown Sugar Chicken from my mom's skillet recipe, and then I came across this recipe for a Crock Pot version:

 Combining the two recipes, I have created a new favorite for The VanHoy household!


Ingredients:

3-4 Chicken Breasts (thawed and cut in half)
1/2 cup onion and bell peppers (I used frozen, and pre-cut)
1 cup brown sugar
1 Teaspoon black pepper
3 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 can (6 oz) pineapple juice


Directions:
Place chicken in the bottom, and pile the rest of the ingredients on top. Cook on low  for 6-9 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.  We like it served with rice. It's sweet, tender, and delicious! Please Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I am Trying this for dinner today. SOunds and looks so yummy :) I can't wait to taste it. Thank you for such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete