Saturday, March 17, 2012

Luck O' The Irish

I think of St Patrick's Day as an Irish Catholic Holiday. Both sides of my family are Irish, and Brian is Catholic, so St Patty's Day is pretty much a holiday that Brian and I need to celebrate!


I'll take any reason to celebrate and hang out with Brian though :) We tried to get into Kell's but the line was 2 blocks long (wishful thinking right?) So we then went to Life of Riley's and got some drinks:

Starting with our signature drinks:
Whiskey Coke & Dirty Shirley
We tried to coordinate with lots of different friends, but it was kind of like a wild goose chase. We couldn't coordinate with Brian's sister- who we had actual plans with, and then I sent some friends to the wrong bar, sorry Shannon! Then we found Kell's NW on 21st and it was fun! We tried to bring a group back there, but then it closed by the time we got people there. It was kind of a trainwreck.

We randomly ran into friends just on the street, and it ended up being a really fun night!



When we were trying to head back home, we ran into another friend in town from Seattle who was looking for a cab back to Beaverton. We didn't want to leave her alone, so we suggested her coming to Taco Bell with us, and then us calling a cab. It sounded like a great idea, but it ended up being about 2 hours we were waiting for this dumb cab. Her parent's house is the exact opposite way than our home, so I didn't want to drive her home because I thought it would take too long, but seriously we could have done that and been home in the amount of time we were waiting at Taco Bell.  We ended up flagging down a cab, but you would be surprised at how hard it is to get a cab to stop when you are flagging them down from a car. Kind of ridiculous, but really funny in hindsight.

Now that we live about an hour away, it is pretty unusual to make it out in Portland with friends, and even though it was kind of unorganized, and didn't go as planned, it ended up being a fun night!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you guys so much for being so patient with me! :-) And for the taco bell. haha You guys are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome my friend! I think it's a really funny story! Next time we will just drive you home :)

      Delete