Sunday, May 20, 2012

Rock and Roll Half Marathon

This January, I set a goal started training to run my second marathon in October. Part of my training was to do a 1/2 Marathon race. Having run a Marathon before, I wasn't feeling that excited about this race, because I thought, "how could this be a challenge? If I can run 26 miles before, I know I can do 13." I have no reason to be smug. 13.1 miles is still far, and it was still important for me to train and push myself.

The day of the race, I got butterflies and was so nervous and excited! Here I am waiting for my start:


Brian was such a supportive husband! He met me a few different places along the course with a sign :) He also got an action shot running photo- notice my neat fanny pack. haha :) It was so nice though to have water, snacks and music, but not have to hold anything. Don't judge.


This race was a challenge! I finished in 2:19:23 and it felt good!! It pushed my training and got me excited to continue training to be strong for the marathon in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment