Monday, November 10, 2014

Breastfeeding

For over a year and a half I have dedicated my body to my growing son. Thinking of his needs before mine, and using the miracle of my blood to create food for him while he was in my womb and now outside of it. 

I love being my baby's momma, and one of my favorite parts is breastfeeding. It's so special and sacred and personal and private and almost a secret how wonderful it truly is.

My growing boy is eating more and more real food and needing my milk less and less. This transition is just the beginning, and, oh boy, how much personal growth, prayer, tears, and bravery will be needed in the next step of our life as momma and son.  It's just the beginning of our adventure together, but this beginning has been more loving  and fulfilling than I could have ever imagined in my life. I know I was made to be his momma, but I sure hope to know that he still needs me when he no longer needs my milk. 


"Never Grow Up" -Taylor Swift

Your little hand's wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light
To you everything's funny, you got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that

Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, just stay this little
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post. You're the best mama he could ever ask for.

    ReplyDelete