I had an awesome day shopping and catching up with my friend Lindsey yesterday, and when I was on my way back to meet up with Brian in Sun River I followed my maps navigation to take a short cut. You know what they say about short cuts, if it was easy, it would be the way.... And they were right.
Although it was 50 deg and clear in Bend, it was noticeably snowier on this short cut road. There may have been a sign that said "Restricted Access Dec-March" but I have not had trouble with snow in my car, so I kept going. By the time I realized it was too snowy and just getting worse, it was pretty late in he game, so when I stopped in order to reverse and turn around it was too late and I was stuck. Like stuck, stuck. Spinning tires, stuck. Of course I called Brian and he was about 40 min away, so I was just waiting.
About 10 min later I saw a Park Ranger Truck and flagged them down. They came up in their big truck and I got out to talk to them, and of course the water works started. It was very much a "Save this tearful damsel in distress" situation. As I was talking with them, I asked the other gal Ranger if this happens all the time an if everyone cries. She said yes it happens and the time, but not usually with the crying. Haha, I couldn't help it. The guy ranger I could tell had children or sisters, because he knew just how to talk to a crying lady. He kept saying "it's ok, you're going to be fine, we will get you out of here no problem" :) so thankful for these two rangers. They dug out my tires and put down some gravel and pushed my car so I could reverse my way out of the icy road.
As they guided me down the icy road, we were going about 5 miles an hour, and the song "Ridin Dirty" came on the radio. Awesomely Ironic.
Thank you Park Rangers for saving this damsel in distress :) I had a few glasses of wine when I got back to the house...



No comments:
Post a Comment