The Bormans rented the beach house on Molokai for the holidays this year after having a great experience here last year. It is a beautiful house and prime beach location, but hard to get to. I worked Sunday and flew out first thing Monday and made it to Honolulu without a hitch, but when I went to check in for my flight to Molokai on the local flight and found out that it was canceled. No call, no email, just cancelled without my knowledge. Awesome, thanks for the customer service. The other airlines had Molokai flights that were not canceled, but were totally full. I may, or may not, have cried a little in the tiny commuter terminal at the airport. Luckily, my friend Nicole lives in Maui and very luckily had not left for her Winter Break in Seattle with her family yet, so they were home and ready to take me in :) I caught a last minute Maui flight and booked a Maui-Molokai flight the next day, which was at the same time as their flight to Seattle. a little detour that was a little expensive, but totally worth it. It was great to see one of my best friends since I just happened to be in the area :) she saved the day, and it felt comfortable and homey to be with them. I am so thankful for my friend!
A day later than expected I made it to Molokai and got to spend some time at the beach with my family. Here are day one's Molokai pics:







No comments:
Post a Comment