Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Weekend



On Good Friday Brian and I started the holy weekend by heading to church and we saw the rainbow on the way. We felt that was a good sign for the weekend.


In the Good Friday service, we read through the Passion of Christ. It was a good reminder of what it really means to be selfless, and what a sacrifice was made on our behalf. Halfway through the service a young mom fell in the middle of the isle while trying to walk out with her one year old. Two other people and I sprang up to help. The others were also nurses, but an ER nurse and a Trauma nurse. They obviously were more helpful, so I held her purse and helped their daughter, and felt kind of silly at how much more help they were than I was in this situation. She twisted her ankle pretty bad, but everything was OK. Interesting start to the weekend.

On Saturday I worked, but then Sunday we celebrated with our families. Easter is a great time to get together with family, and my mom is really thoughtful about keeping it a fun day with great food. It's also a great marker to celebrate the coming of Spring.

My 3 Brothers

Brian & I

My Parents!

Me with the Boys
 
My Mom's coconut custard
Her Annual Bunny Cake!



No comments:

Post a Comment