We are starting to see a little more personality over the last week.


Dale and Billy are still getting used to eachother :)







We went to the pediatrician this week for his 2 week check up and he passed with flying colors! He did great in the car too! I was so nervous to take him on my own so my mom came up and went with us. She's the best!

The tiniest little passenger... he's so cute!

He weighs 8 lb 3 oz and is 19.5 inches long. What a good boy!
That means he gained 1 lb 5 oz from breast feeding and grew 2 inches. He's a champion eater :)


Speaking of champion eater, here he is a little milk drunk and happy. I know it's not a "real" smile, but I'll take it :)



He is getting more interactive and focusing on light and movement, and so it's fun to see what catches his attention.

We also did some foot prints for the grandparents, and attempted some handprints that are not quite as neat.


While we started "sleep training" where he sleeps in his crib at night and has his "awake time" after eating during the day, my favorite part is snuggling with this tiny boy. I know he won't be tiny for long, or even want to snuggle forever, so I will take advantage of this special sweet time.

Friends have been so great to come all the way up to visit and bring food, it has been so fun, and made it nice that I didn't feel like I needed to be running around and getting out of the house. Very nice of them. These are some friends from work- Megan, Emily, and Sybil.
On Wednesday we went to church for Ash Wednesday and Billy did really great! He doesn't like to sit in the carseat when it's not moving, but otherwise he was so patient and go with the flow. We did need to duck out a little early though because it was time for him to eat.


My friend Kelly came and spent the day and I got a nap and a looooooong shower, it was so great. I love this girl.


Sometimes his "awake time" is not what Billy has in mind...

He's the cutest baby ever :)


I love how he holds his little hands... so much.



We went on some more walks too...





I love this sweet face so much...

And here we are with open eyes! Another week and while I feel so tired and foggy, it's incredible that I love this little man so much and he occupies all of my brain. Not sure what I thought about before he was in our lives :)



I say its a "real" smile!... I always believe that a smile is a smile, no matter how young the person is who's doing the smiling :) I can sense the deep love you are developing for your son... be prepared to be amazed McKenzie, you will fall more and more in love with him EVERY SINGLE day. It's just amazing how much love a mama's heart can hold!!!! Give him a kiss from me!
ReplyDelete