Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Ground clearing

Starting in February the ground started to dry a little, so Brian go to work. He is clearing a space for some fruit trees and garden beds, and getting rid of some shrubs, weeds, and blackberries...






This last weekend while I was at work, he planted our fruit trees.
Fuji apples for me and cherries and plums for him :)



He was hard at work digging, planting, and putting up the wire yesterday while I was at work and so today I had the job of watering. Of course there is no water access down there yet since it's down the hill from our house, so I carried two 5 gallon buckets full of water down the hill, watered, carried them up, filled them, took them down... it was quite the job! Here is Dale, hard at work... he's even yawning...





This is a huge hill for those buckets full of water!


After "we" watered the trees, we went down to the creek and Dale perked right up to go for a swim.





Putting these pink Hunters to good use out here!

1 comment:

  1. Ha!!! Love the picture of your pink Hunters:).... My black ones just took a trip to the beach for clam digging. And of course, there's the chicken coop mucking.... Not exactly what I think the people at Nordstrom expect I'd be using them for!!!

    ReplyDelete