This year was the first year I had to work on Christmas, so it kind of put a snip of Grinch in my Christmas spirit. Brian did, however, make it a cute holiday and we exchanged presents after work next to our own tree.
Please note that it was a busy day at work, and I was very tired :)
Please note that it was a busy day at work, and I was very tired :)
My family was in Moloka'i Hawaii for the week, and so Brian and I met them after Christmas.
That's when the real holiday began!
That's when the real holiday began!
With my family, we ate, slept, hiked, swam and spent as much time as possible at the beach!
We had a great adventure with the Borman Clan, and it helps to remind me of how fun and funny my family is! Please note Ian's awesome sleeves, Skylar's salmon shirt, and Max's model smile.
We then went to Maui to visit my Best Friend from Kappa Kappa Gamma, Nicole. She truly is such a dear friend, and helps keep me anchored in what is important in life. Really a true friend... and SO MUCH FUN!
We had dinner at Mama's Fish House- where Brian needed a "Relaxer" because of the price tag:
And then we celebrated into the New Year with fantastic fireworks!
We then tried to maximize beach time and activities before Brian went home:
When Brian had to head back to Brush Prairie, Nicole and I spent some serious girl time together. Heart to hearts, wine, massages (thanks to my amazing Hubby!), pedicures, and time at the beach. While I know 100% that we have the best husbands in the entire world, I truly loved Nicole and my time together.
With Brian time, Borman time, and Nicole time, this was the best vacation I have ever had... second only to our honeymoon :) It was the perfect break from work, cold weather, and pale, pale skin. Looking forward to our next Hawaiian vacation when I am in my friend Courtney's wedding as a bridesmaid! So excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment