Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cabinet Corkboard

Thanks to Pinterest, there are lots of great crafty and organization ideas that I have fell in love with. One of them is a way to keep your invites organized. Our summers are full of fun activities, but sometimes it's easy to misplace the paper with directions to the venue, or where the couple is registered... you know, all the things that you don't program into you iphone calendar. Plus, people often spend a great deal of time and money on invites, and having been a bride and now a party planner, I cringe at the thought of just tossing the invite. That's were pinterest inspired me to help de-clutter and get crafty with a cabinet corkboard.

1- I got corkboard squares from Michael's

2- Measure, cut to size, and add double sided stickies


3- Prep the cabinet- get it clean and dry

 
4- Stick on the corkboards


5- Summer full of fun invites!
I have found due to the shallowness of the cork, it's great to use sewing pins at a steep angle to allow it to attach to more of the cork for added stability.

Also, when we don't have invites, it's great for directions to our house from the different places people get lost and there isn't enough cell service for GPS (yes, we live way out in the boonies), coupons we need to use soon, a recipe I want to use or any other sweet note or reminder I don't want cluttering up my counters.

No comments:

Post a Comment