Things I learned in my 20s:
How to be a wife.
How to be a nurse.
How to be a mom.
Fatigue is real.
Vacations are so important bc you don't get breaks once you work full time.
Friends may come and go, try not to take it too hard.
Drinking is so fun! ...hangovers are not!
Shots always SOUNDED like a good idea at the time, but they are not.
This next decade is the decade we will have our little kids. I love being a baby's Momma. Love it, so much. While the 20s were great, I betcha I will look back on my 30s and think that they are the best years of my life. I'm going to try to cherish them and be present so that I can remember the moments that I am living. I know I'll be dreaming of rocking my sleeping baby, while my future self mournes that time is over. Thankful to be in this time of life :) I'm going to make the best of it.
Goals for my 30s:
Run another marathon.
Be more confident in my choices.
Be less sensitive about friendships: it's quality, not quantity.
Care less what others think.
Be a good wife!
Be a good mom!
Be a good friend!
Be a good nurse!
Get my RNC Certification
Be a genuinely nice person, leave cattiness and stubbornness in my 20s.
Visit Ireland and Scotland (how neat would that be!)
I'm hoping to add more to the list as time comes, but it's a good place to start.
I celebrated this new decade by going out with the best of friends on Saturday... And then recovering on Sunday. Prefunc flip cup and dancing made for such a fun night :) drunk and blurry photos here:
I also had a spa day and lunch with work friend on Monday
Billy is just so thoughtful too. Love this tiny man. Looking forward to all the joy this new decade will bring :)











I love this! Happy 30th my dear! You are the best and I am sure you will enjoy your 30s even more than you did your 20s. You'll remember more of them at least! ;) Great goals and I am looking forward to watching you achieve them in the coming years!! xo
ReplyDelete