Brian and I had our first kiss on Valentine's Day 8 years ago and that's when we became official :) I love Valentine's Day for that reason. It's so fun to remember us first meeting and the first few times of hanging out. Jack Daniels, Varsity Blues, and a couple of school night hang outs were all it took for me to fall for Brian :)
This Valentine's Day I was at work until 730pm and thought that maybe there would be something fun planned because Brian wrote in our joint calendar "plans" at 8pm. On Tuesday when I asked if I needed to wear something nice after work and meet him somewhere for these "plans" he said "No, just head home." So I did and I wore sweats and uggs to work so that I was comfy after changing out of my scrubs... I got a message after work and I when I called Brian he said we were meeting at the Old Spaghetti Factory (one of my faves!) and he had a reservation. I was so excited... And I was in sweatpants :( we met at the restaurant and he looked nice in his work clothes and everyone there was dressed in valentine themes date clothing... And I was in sweatpants! I was so embarrassed! We had a fun dinner and I love my husband, but he denies telling me to go home and not wear anything special... Right babe... Like I would have worn sweatpants to a date night if I had known. :)
It was fun to have a date and to think about eating Italian food in Italy in just 3 months!! (Europe countdown is getting close!) I also came home to flowers, yummy treats (we are saving til after lent because someone forget he convinced me to give up sweets for lent) and a gift certificate for a massage! It was so thoughtful and sweet and I love my husband. I got him an ice cream maker that he's been talking about for a while now and a class to take with his buds about smoking and grilling meat. He was pretty excited!
I had such a fun date night and great Valentines Day with Brian... just wish I hadn't worn sweatpants!

Oh, you didn't tell me that. How funny! Better throw a pair of emergency pants into the car for surprises like this!
ReplyDeleteYou are the cutest, friend!
ReplyDelete